My Reading List

Not book reviews, but rather my thoughts and opinions on the subject matter, and/or author. Page/chapter numbers refer to the point I've read; i.e. pg. 35 means I'm up to page 35 but not farther. Chapter 6 means I've read up to the end of Chapter 5, &c
There will be spoilers and also a lot of swearing. I read a lot of true crime and criminals make me mad. Comments in brackets and red are not part of my original, hand written notes.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

"Killer Clown"

Killer Clown by Terry Sullivan
paperback

[My notes verbatim. For some reason I neglected to write down page numbers]
John Wayne Gacy-oh, boy.
-Rob Piest's mom was right there in the store when Gacy lured him away-terrifying!

-not surprised Gacy is a Democrat

-cops are assholes. State's att'y (the author) seems like an asshole too.

-these cops are not only assholes, but idiots, too.

-JWG has 2 kids from his first marriage. I can't imagine how horrible it would be to find out that asshole is your father

-I know this book was written by the State's Attorney but there is not one likable thing about JWG. I felt even a little sorry for Gary Ridgway (Green River Killer). Gacy is just--yech--hard to imagine he got not one but two different women to marry him. He's that vile.

--Any notion or hope that JWG repented or made an Act of Contrition is moot--his last words were "kiss my ass"

[After reading this, I looked up the faces of the victims. It just broke my heart. JWG is the reason the Death Penalty is still a viable option]